· Under the responsibility of the Functional Safety Lead Engineer, the Functional Safety Engineer has responsibility of:
- Drive safety studies
- Write safety studies
- In accordance with the company methodologies and the customer requirements
- Compliant with ISO 26262
· Organise, and drive safety studies, to write the associated documentation, and to follow the progress of risk reduction actions defined during these safety meetings
· Contribute to continuous improvement of the company safety standards:
- Functional analysis
- Hazard analysis
- Fault tree analysis
- Reliability calculation
- Functional safety… according to state of the art (external standards and customer standards)
· Organise training / awareness campaigns on safety studies within Engineering
· Monitor evolutions of external / customer safety standards
· Plan and organize functional safety milestones
· Ensure confirmation measures are planned and performed according to ISO 26262 (These include audits and assessment)
· Ensure qualification of tools according to their classification
· Represent the company during customer meetings on safety aspects
· Participate to the response to the offers for new customers/markets
Level (diploma) required:
- Bachelor or above in Electronic Engineering
- At least 2 years in safety studies (might be a little less, in case of strong technical background)
- Ability to work effectively within a global team.
Technical skills required:
- Strong background of automotive product development phases.
- Knowledge of electronic embedded products.
- Knowledge of software embedded products.
- Knowledge of Design Quality tools (DFMEA, FTA, …)
- Knowledge in functional safety process according to ISO2626
Skills in relationship and management / leadership required:
- To be rigorous, autonomous and to manage the priorities
- To be able to work in a small team with technicians/engineers
- Ability to achieve objectives with little direct support and to report the advancement
- Ability to lead and convince
- Fluent Chinese
- Fluent English.